Gardenia woes.....

Indoor and house plants

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gardenia woes.....

Postby sharolynn » 20 May 2011 10:15

My gardenia is four years old and has been doing really well , flowering beautifully and looking great.
however over the last couple of months he has detiorated massively and although budding, the buds are dieing and he's generally looking poor :(
I repotted him last year as he was too big for his old pot and he seemed fine after that, I gave him a cut back a couple of days ago to get rid of dead sprouts but not sure if there's anything else which might help....
any suggesions much appreciated....
sharolynn
Clean Hands

Postby gardening_guru » 21 May 2011 20:13

Hello,

Where was the Gardenia kept over winter? If it was in a conservatory, was it heated? I'm thinking that a Gardenia needs to have at least 7C and last winter was so cold I wonder if that could have something to do with it.
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Postby sharolynn » 22 May 2011 11:49

hi,thank you for your response,he's been on the kitchen window sill all year around so i don't think it can be the cold,the window is south facing so i did wonder if given the recent warm spell he may have got too much heat or sunlight. I've checked the ph of the soil and thats fine so i've moved him to a different room which doesn't get so much constant sun. Fingers crossed... Thanks again.
sharolynn
Clean Hands

Re: Gardenia woes.....

Postby TimonUlmer » 11 Sep 2012 08:14

i did wonder if given the recent warm spell he may have got too much heat or sunlight. I've checked the ph of the soil and thats fine so i've moved him to a different room which doesn't get so much constant sun. Fingers crossed... Thanks again.
Standing Upon the Peak of All DVDs --- Game Of Thrones Season 2 DVD,Earth Shaking with this Movie
TimonUlmer
Clean Hands

Re: Gardenia woes.....

Postby naomikaka » 18 Mar 2013 09:28

it is a big pity because the garden is beautiful and it is suddenly damaged like that. Have you fertilized it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pet turf miami
naomikaka
Muddy Fingers

Return to Indoor Plants