honesty

Annuals and Biannuals

Moderator: Moderator Team

honesty

Postby mumzii2 » 12 May 2009 22:24

can anyone help? I very succesfully grew honesty from seeds last year and they have blossomed in abundance this spring, filled with beautiful pale purple blooms. Unfortunately, I misinterpreted the height information and have them at the front of my rockery! Oops! How do I move them? shall I wait until the flowers have died and the seed pods have fully developed and just re-seed elsewhere in a more convenient place? Or can i cut down the plants when they have finished flowering and move them elsewhere; I presume if I replant the seeds I am going to have to wait until 2011 to get the flowers again, is that right? I am sorry if I come across as stupid, but I am a novice gardener and have done my usual trick of biting off far more than I can chew - having dug out turf and made four raised beds, measuring 6 foot by 10 foot each, for my veg, as well as digging out 2 long borders and filling them with plants and flowers! Retired last year, you see, so terrified of not having anything to do - Am I mad? Yes, no doubt. Anyone, your help would be very much appreciated[/b]
mumzii2
Clean Hands

Postby gardening_guru » 15 May 2009 11:01

Hello,

I would just wait for the circular seeds pods on these Honesty plants to ripen and then cut them off and spread the seed in the more suitable planting sites. Honesty can be annual or biennial so you might not have to wait very long for new plants and flowers.
George aka The Gardening Guru
gardening_guru
Site Admin

Return to Annuals & Biannuals