Apple 'Norfolk Royal'
Common Name: Apple
Cultivar: 'Norfolk Royal'
Category: Fruit & Vegetables
Growth Rate: Average
|Hardiness: Hardy||Height: 3.00 m (300 cm)|
|Sun/Shade: Full sun||Spread: 3.00 m (300 cm)|
|Foliage Type: Deciduous|
|Flowering Period: May|
Soil Type: Normal/Loam
Soil Moisture: Moist, but well drained
- Ultimate size on M26 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10 x 10ft)
- Season of use: September to December
- Pollination Group: D - self sterile
Mid to late season apple with sweet, crisp juicy flesh and shiny red skin. Slightly conical in shape it is a real looker.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group D so you will need to plant one other different variety of apple to guarantee cross pollination and a subsequent bumper crop. Ideally this should come from the same pollination group, however it is possible to use one from group C or E as well.
Apple 'Bramley's Seedling'
Apple 'Christmas Pippin'
Apple Cox's Orange Pipin