Gardening Links - Gardens to Visit
Links to interesting gardens in the United Kingdom that are open to the public.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, KewThe Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is one of the world's leading botanic gardens.
- Eden ProjectA Living Theatre of Plants and People.
- National Botanic Garden of WalesThe National Botanic Garden of Wales and a center for botanic science.
- RHS Garden Harlow CarrHarlow Carr is the newest and most northerly of the four RHS gardens. This, along with its challenging growing conditions, offers an ideal place to view what can be grown successfully in the region.
- RHS Garden WisleyWisley is Britainís best loved garden with 97ha (240 acres) offering a fascinating blend of the beautiful with practical and innovative design and cultivation techniques.
- RHS Garden RosemoorSet deep in the lovely North Devon countryside, RHS Garden Rosemoor has now come of age as a garden of national importance. Lady Anne Berry gifted Rosemoor to the RHS 11 years ago, since when the original eight acres have been greatly developed.
- RHS Garden Hyde HallRHS Garden Hyde Hall is located in Essex, one of the driest areas of the British Isles, with an average annual rainfall of 600mm (24in). It is a garden of beauty and diversity, while demonstrating sustainable horticultural techniques appropriate for low rainfall areas.
- Geoff Hamilton's Barnsdale GardensBarnsdale Gardens are the creation of Geoff Hamilton, Britains best loved television gardener and presenter of BBC TV's Gardener's World weekly gardening programme, which Geoff presented from his home at Barnsdale in Rutland.
- The National Gardens SchemeEvery year NGS gardens across England and Wales welcome over three quarters of a million visitors. Most gardens which open for the NGS are privately owned and open just a few times each year. Some gardens open as part of a group with the whole community involved. In the last ten years the NGS has raised £26 million for charity.